Switching views in VS2005
I use DreamWeaver. A lot. I also write ASP but have realised that it’s probably time to move to ASP.NET now that 2.0 is claiming to make a lot of things easier.
In making this move, I’m having to come to terms with the Visual Studio 2005 IDE. It’s formidable. The more I can get it to behave like DreamWeaver the happier I’ll be.
This is one step, switching between ‘Design’ and ‘Source’ view. Helpfully the keyboard commands list doesn’t call the source view source view, it’s called ‘Markup’. Ugh.
- Open the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Customize…’
- On the ‘Customize…’ window, click the ‘Keyboard…’ button
- Select ‘View.ViewDesigner’ from the commands listing
- Select ‘HTML Editor Code View’ from the ‘Use new shortcut in:’ field
- Enter the shortcut in ‘Press shortcut keys:’ (DreamWeaver defaults to: Ctrl + `)
- Repeat using the same key combination and the options ‘View.ViewMarkup’ and ‘HTML Editor Design View’