WordPress Twitter widget
I’ve been wanting to dip my foot into WordPress widgets for while so when I noticed Twitter didn’t have a WordPress widget I decided to write one. Of course, I’m not the first.
It saves you having to paste the code into your page and gives you a nice interface for changing the display options.
- Download the WordPress Twitter widget from WordPress.org.
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload/copy ‘twitter-widget.php‘ to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/widgets/‘ folder.
- Activate the ‘Twitter‘ plugin in your WordPress’ Plugins admin.
- Drag the ‘Twitter‘ widget to the sidebar in your WordPress’ Widgets admin.
- Configure the widget with your Twitter account name, widget title and number of updates you want shown.
- Save Changes and you’re done!
Thanks go to Mike Jolley for his handy widget tutorial.
Update – 2007-12-19
The widget is now hosted on WordPress.org. Thanks guys.