For ages I’ve had a page open in my browser and today I actually used it. The idea of doing something with RSS on our site has been hassling me for a while now and I must’ve been looking for code to implement (read: copy and paste) it on our site.
So a co-worker asks if we can publish a RSS feed and I say no. Minutes later I realise that this page is just sitting there, open in my browser from weeks ago, waiting for me to do something with it.
So I fool around with a little and “voila!”, it works.
Unfortunately we later discover just how much being behind a corporate firewall is… none at all.
The component can’t use a proxy let alone authenticate to one so we’re out of luck.
Then we found this. Wow.